LAN support in Vengeance

carlone88

LAN support in Vengeance

Post by carlone88 » Fri May 01, 2020 12:02 am

Hi, thanks in advance for your attention.

I recently found this great Game (Vengeance) and i gave it a try: not bad at all, it's what i was looking for to have some "old-school" fun with my (ages ago) class mates (we are all 32-33 years old, with families and a life)...once in a while we love to play call of duty 2 all toghether in lan.

I think Vengeance could be the great substitutor for our Cod2, but there is only 1 (still huge) problem: I didn't see any LAN option in the game... and we only play all togheter in the same basement...

can somebody please explain me how to play via LAN instead of Internet?

If there's a chance Vengeance can be played locally instead of through the net, i can assure at least 8 copies of the game will be sold to me and my friends...

BTW, great work, really polite and clean game.

Cheers from Italy

Carlo

themars2011
Site Admin
Loading…

Re: LAN support in Vengeance

Post by themars2011 » Fri May 01, 2020 1:05 pm

I really hate to bring bad news, but the networking we chose for the game does not support lan play :/
Asset links posted by me may be affiliate links using the Unity Affiliate Program and yield a small amount of share at no additional cost for the buyer should a purchase be made.

carlone88

Post by carlone88 » Fri May 01, 2020 3:51 pm

first of all, thanks for thw quickest reply on the planet!

said so, i feel reallysad to hear such a news... so there isn't any chance to play in "localhost mode" or in an "ad hoc" lan right?

Anyway, great work! really good game

LAST THING: IS THERE A WAY TO INSTALL THE GAME "STANDALONE"? I MEAN, WITHOUT STEAM? not all of my friends want to intsall steam client on their notebook (we use them for working also...)

themars2011
Site Admin
Loading…

Post by themars2011 » Fri May 01, 2020 8:31 pm

carlone88 wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 3:51 pm
first of all, thanks for thw quickest reply on the planet!

said so, i feel reallysad to hear such a news... so there isn't any chance to play in "localhost mode" or in an "ad hoc" lan right?

Anyway, great work! really good game

LAST THING: IS THERE A WAY TO INSTALL THE GAME "STANDALONE"? I MEAN, WITHOUT STEAM? not all of my friends want to intsall steam client on their notebook (we use them for working also...)
At the moment the only way to play is with Steam
Asset links posted by me may be affiliate links using the Unity Affiliate Program and yield a small amount of share at no additional cost for the buyer should a purchase be made.

carlone88

Post by carlone88 » Fri May 01, 2020 10:56 pm

ok fine, I already purchased the game and i am not asking any sort of refound because i want to support your team!

Hope to see a sort of a "jungle" or "forest" map in the future!

themars2011
Site Admin
Loading…

Post by themars2011 » Sat May 02, 2020 1:33 pm

carlone88 wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 10:56 pm
ok fine, I already purchased the game and i am not asking any sort of refound because i want to support your team!

Hope to see a sort of a "jungle" or "forest" map in the future!
We're trying to create a good one for the next update. Focus on "good" lol. Most forest maps or jungle maps aren't really all that popular in my book