Zombies game mode

username

Zombies game mode

Post by username » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:42 pm

I want to use the Co Op game mode to create a multiplayer Zombies game (like COD BO). How would I go about this?
Make bots spawn with different player model than players, Not allow bots to spawn with weapons(except melee), Increase number of zombies each round(This part I can most likely do myself But if you have suggestions for the most efficient way to do it). Maybe make players spectate until next round and then spawn.

Also what is the best way to learn C# ? I understand basic things like if statements, for loops, int, bool, float etc. but when I am in your code I am completely in over my head. Does C# just take practice, or did you learn it from a course? Sorry this is really long, Thanks for any answers.

themars2011
Site Admin
Loading…

Re: Zombies game mode

Post by themars2011 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:50 pm

I would recommend not to use the bots for zombies. They have a lot of overhead as they use all of the player scripts. I am currently finishing up the Zombies addon and it will be out this month hopefully.

Otherwise, I believe there are zombie tutorials on YouTube. The kit has a damage interface that you can use to apply damage to your zombies with kit weapons, you just need to sync them via Photon.

Learning to code is, in my experience, a lot by practicing; trying to understand code that is more advanced than your current skill level and replicating it. I personally learned a lot by doing exactly that but also watching talks about certain (Unity-related) code practices was very helpful.

Tutorials can also be a good way to learn if you are that type of learner.
Asset links posted by me may be affiliate links using the Unity Affiliate Program and yield a small amount of share at no additional cost for the buyer should a purchase be made.

username

Re: Zombies game mode

Post by username » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:52 pm

Ok I will try that, thank you.